Sunday, December 30, 2012

12/30/12

Total: 10 miles

I planned on running longer today but my body wasn't going to be able to take it. I've learned to LISTEN to my body. It snowed yesterday so the roads were icy and partly snow covered. It was also extremely windy. Gusts of wind and snow blowing in my face did not make for a good time. The trails that I usually run on were snow covered. I ran on part of the IRT and ended up running in tire tracks that were icy. It was just a mess. I spent the entire time looking down at the road to watch where I was stepping. I didn't want to run on ice and slip and fall and risk injuring myself. I just got fed up.

It's almost a hour later and my face is still cold!!! I'm proud of myself that I consciously pulled the plug today. I didn't want to risk injury or burn myself out. Running head first into the wind is extremely tiring.

Train hard but rest harder.

Now it's on to week 7.

This week's total: 19 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment